Real Estate and Finance
Kleinbard’s growing Real Estate and Finance Group deploys its knowledge of the law and market to give our clients practical advice and deliver results.
Our team has a wide-range of experience in all asset classes (including, multi-family, retail, office, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, charter schools and mixed-use properties), and we work seamlessly with our corporate, environmental, tax, bankruptcy, litigation and dispute specialists to carefully consider all angles of your transaction in-house in a timely, cost-effective manner. Our practice areas include: acquisitions and dispositions; commercial leasing; condominium and planned communities; construction; environmental law; financing; groundleasing; joint ventures; sale-leasebacks; and tax appeals and exemptions.
Our transactions range from $2 million to over $3 billion, and we tailor our staffing of each deal to meet our client’s needs. Some representative transactions include:
- Representation of a private REIT in connection with a $3.15 billion sale of 209 industrial assets in 25 key U.S. distribution markets. (Exeter Property selling portfolio in $3B deal)
- Representation of a local real estate fund in connection with the acquisition and development of a 420 unit, 30 story, multi-family development over retail located in University City (Philadelphia, PA). (University City Newman Center slated for replacement with 30-story apartment tower)
- Representation of a rapidly-expanding investment group in connection with the purchase, diligence and financing of multifamily assets, starting with their first Philadelphia asset and growing the portfolio to over $80 million in 1.5 years.
- Representation of a local developer in the acquisition and financing of a 2.3 acre parcel in Center City, Philadelphia, which will be redeveloped as townhomes, 150+ units of multifamily, parking and retail space.
- Representation of a local bank in connection with securing two lines of credit totaling over $30 million and the creation of a $10 million/year loan sale program.
- Representation of a new healthcare business in connection with securing $2 million in leasehold financing.
- Representation of a charter school in the acquisition of a building as well as the completion of a $14 million construction project, which included obtaining tax-exempt financing through the Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development successfully securing zoning variances, and negotiating agreements with a construction manager, architect, and several subcontractors.
- Representation of a developer in the assemblage and development of a shopping center.